Friday, March 20, 2009

Writing for the sake of writing

I have been thinking to myself "man, I should write something in my blog." Unfortunately there is nothing going on that I feel that I need to share my insight about. I have done a lot of really cool things since my last post, the world has gone through some very well-chronicled situations, and what I have always to be believed as true has finally revealed itself: Chris Brown is crazy. However, none of these things have spurred when to take to keyboard and expound upon the events of the time.

I am trying to keep this blog as non-political as possible which is very difficult these days and I don't want it to be a series of essays about racial injustice. Which unfortunately can be hard because I live in a town of 40,000 and no more than 5% of the population is of minority descent. So what should I write about? I assume everyone would be amused be the disgraceful showing that I put on while trying to curl. Also, many of my friends would be happy to know that I have finally started going back to the gym (ladies look out, my charisma with an in-shape body would prove for some exciting times in my life). I have learned that I am a much more interesting and likable person after taking out all of my frustrations at the gym. I also feel less guilty about sitting on the couch watching a movie after a 90 minute body-killing workout.

It has finally been confirmed that my mother, Shanda Kay West, is intent on setting me up with women from all across the country. When I first moved to Midland, she told me to visit DC to meet up with this girl who I have known for a long time and haven't seen in years, then on another occasion she wanted he to take a girl from St. Louis to lunch because she thought that the girl was cute and interesting and then yesterday my mother almost demanded that I take a specific lady (who is actually a really cool person) to dinner or a movie or something when I am in Texas later this year. This is mom being mom but at some point, it's got to stop. She has been doing this since I was old enough to drive and it usually ends badly. If you have ever experienced match-making by your parents or other family members, then you will understand. Oh well, at least she cares.

No comments: