Thursday, July 3, 2008

New Beginnings

Hello to all of those that might actually read this blog. From here on out, I hope you enjoy the content that I post and even if you don't, I really don't care much. It is my blog and I do what I want. Seriously though, thanks for visiting.

So, starting this blog is part of the plan of creating the post-college Patrick Alan West. I have told a few people some of my plans like not wearing an earing anymore or wearing glasses all the time (once i get a new pair) and their response was "why do you wanna change your image?" My answer to that question is really, why not? I am transitioning to a new period in my life and because of that, a careful inspection of the things that I do is warranted.

Right Now here is part of creating the new me

1. Stop wearing the earing (I can't wear it at work and it adds no value so why bother)
2. Eat healthy
3. Exercise regularly
4. Learn to play golf
5. Wear glasses
6. Watch the news (or read the newspaper) everyday
7. Reflect on my thoughts and write them down (this is the purpose of the blog)
8. Find a volunteer opportunity that I enjoy in Midland
9. Become more involved at church
10. Make intentional efforts to stay in touch with my college friends
11. Ask for things more often

This is the list so far but I am sure that it will be edited as I get into my job and get used to being around Midland. For those of you reading this and that know me, I am going to need your help. Please make sure that I am staying on track and if you have any suggestions of things that I might enjoy and would enrich my experience, let me know.

For those who go to Ohio State, you have probably heard about Chalk the Walk for commencement week. In my chalking, I wrote, "College last for 4 years but memories last a lifetime..." In my reflection about what makes me, me versus what are things I need to improve on in my life, I have found it hard to sift through the years of habits and doing what others do to really determine who I really am. Being separated from all that I know and love (besides my car) will probably give me some clarity into the issue at hand.

For now, I am off to enjoy my first visit to Ohio State as an alumnus.

No comments: